Cosmetic dentistry can give you the perfect smile that you deserve. A smile that shows all your true beauty. The kind of smile that’s so rarely seen that it leaves an impression on everyone who sees it. LiveWell Dentistry’s experts have been perfecting smiles for decades.
Dr. Khanideh and Dr. Pouyan are experienced cosmetic dentists, with a history of excellent results. Our team of dedicated staff members make sure that this dental practice is the best in Santa Monica. We specialize in many different procedures, all designed to produce the same result: to change your smile into the vision of beauty and health that you deserve.
LiveWell Dentistry provides all the innovative treatments and procedures for cosmetic dentistry, including porcelain veneers and teeth whitening. In addition, Dr. Khanideh’s and Dr. Pouyan's cosmetic dentistry team can work with you if you need dental implants, crowns, and dentures.
There is a lot to know about cosmetic dentistry.
You can undo cosmetic damage to your teeth with dental veneers. Dental veneers, sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain veneers, are a form of cosmetic dentistry to improve your teeth’s appearance. They’re incredibly thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored material that cover the front of your teeth.
Cosmetic dentists make dental veneers from a few different materials. Some veneers are made from porcelain, and others from composite resins. Of the two, porcelain veneers are better at resisting stains as well as mimicking the way natural teeth reflect light. You’ll want to discuss the best veneer material with your cosmetic dentistry expert.
Teeth whitening is one of the more common cosmetic dentistry procedures, and continues to gain popularity. Under the supervision of LiveWell dentistry's skilled cosmetic dentists, you can be sure you’re getting the best, most effective teeth whitening service around.
There are lots of steps to teeth whitening, and these are some of the procedures you can expect:
- We start by polishing your teeth with a pumice. This grainy material removes any plaque on the surface of your teeth.
- Next, your mouth is isolated using gauze. This keeps your teeth dry during the procedure. In addition to gauze, your cosmetic dentist may use tools to keep your cheeks, lips, and tongue away from the whitening solution.
- Your cosmetic dentist will place a wall along your gum line. This protects your gums from the tooth whitening solution.
- Finally, we coat your teeth with the whitening solution. Once we coat your teeth, we use a curing light or laser to add heat to the solution and activate the bleaching agent.
- Once you've reached the ideal shade, or the maximum time for application has passed, we rinse your teeth with water. Additionally, we may use fluoride to help with sensitivity that some people experience when undergoing tooth whitening.
- You’ll need to avoid food and drinks that have a high level of coloring, like coffee, juice, or yellow mustard. After 24 hours, the enamel pores close and prevent re-staining.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots. These artificial roots hold replacement teeth or bridges in place. You'll find this kind of cosmetic dentistry useful if you’ve lost teeth to disease, or an injury.
There are two types of dental implants, endosteal and subperiosteal. Endosteal implants are placed into your jawbone surgically.
On the other hand, your dentist places subperiosteal implants on top of your jaw. Dentists generally use these implants as an alternative to conventional dentures.
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that your cosmetic dentist places over your tooth. Dentists repair the shape of your tooth when you crack or damage it with these crowns. These implants also improve the size and strength of your tooth.
Dentists make crowns from a variety of materials.
- Prefabricated stainless steel crowns are usually used as a temporary measure. These crowns are used to protect your tooth, or a filling in your tooth, while a permanent crown is made. These dental crowns are also commonly used for children to cover their primary, or “baby” teeth.
- Metal alloy crowns include alloys of gold or platinum. Metal crowns make great permanent choices for out of sight molars because the metals can handle the biting and chewing pressure better than other types of crowns.
- We can use porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns to match the color of your other teeth in a more natural way, which makes them better for visible crowns than metal ones.
- All-Ceramic or all-porcelain dental crowns provide the best natural color match of all the types of crowns. As an additional benefit, these crowns provide an alternative to people with metal allergies.
Dentures are removable replacement teeth. We recommend dentures when you don’t want to, or can’t use, dental implants. There are two kinds of dentures: partial and complete dentures.
Dentists use complete dentures when there are no teeth in your mouth. There are two kinds of complete dentures: conventional and immediate.
Partial dentures are used when your mouth still has teeth that will not be removed. Precision partial dentures both fill in spaces created by missing teeth, and prevent other teeth from changing their position.
All on 4 Dental Implants
All on 4 dental implants are an alternative to dentures. This method of cosmetic dentistry places four precisely positioned implants on the top and bottom of your jaw, and attaches an arch of artificial teeth, restoring your full beautiful smile.
Whatever you’d like to do for your teeth, the professional team at LiveWell Dentistry can make your smile look the way you want. Schedule your appointment, or call for more information.