Porcelain veneers are a type of dental laminate with a wafer-thin appearance, which are custom-made with tooth-colored materials, to be attached to the front surface of the teeth. Porcelain veneers offer patients with an improved appearance of their teeth, and also makes their smile appear more radiant. At LiveWell Dentistry, our dental experts use the most advanced technology to offer you veneers that can significantly improve the appearance of your smile, leaving you confident for a long time to come.
Enhance your teeth's natural beauty with veneers.
Are you in need of porcelain veneers?
Most patients are not entirely sure if their teeth require veneers. Here are some of the most common reasons to opt for porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain veneers are largely used to fix teeth that are discolored. The discoloration may have taken place because of a root canal treatment, staining caused by tetracycline, excess fluoride use, or even the presence of large resin fillings that have caused the teeth to lose its shine over time.
- Veneers are also a good option for teeth that have worn-down, and which appear dull.
- If you have suffered from a chip or a crack in your teeth due to a minor injury, porcelain veneers are a good option to restore your teeth back to normal.
- Porcelain veneers can also be used to shape teeth that are misaligned or uneven, especially when there are apparent craters or bulges.
- Veneers are an incredible option to fix teeth that have gaps between them.
How does the procedure for getting a porcelain veneer take place?
In order to get dental veneers, you need to have a consultation with our dental experts, after which you will be called in for the application process. You can choose to have porcelain veneers on one or more teeth.
Here are the basic steps you will take. First, you will have a consultation. During your initial appointment, you can let us know all the concerns you have with your teeth. Following this, our dentists will examine your teeth and determine if you are the right candidate for porcelain veneers. The procedure will be discussed with you, after which X-rays and impressions of the teeth may be taken.
Following your consultation, the teeth will have to be prepped for veneers, for which the dentist will reshape the tooth surface in a way that matches the thickness of the porcelain veneer. You may receive a local anesthetic to numb the area to make the procedure more comfortable for you. After this, impressions of your teeth are taken and sent to our dental experts who will in detail construct your veneers. The process may take anywhere between two weeks to a month to be completed, during which time you can also opt for temporary dental veneers to cover up overly-damaged teeth.
Finally, the bonding will take place after the veneers have come back from our dental lab. Our expert dentists will check the fit and color of the veneers and make any necessary adjustments. After this, your tooth will be cleaned, polished and etched, which will make the tooth rougher so that it can attach itself to the veneer better. A cement-like paste is applied to the veneer before it is placed on the tooth.
The veneer is then placed on the tooth and a special light beam is flashed on the veneer that activates the cement so it hardens and sets it in place. Lastly, any excess cement is removed, after which our dentist will evaluate your bite and make final adjustments.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
- Strong and long-lasting material
- They have a natural surface and appearance
- The dental filling procedure requires less tooth enamel to be removed as compared to getting a crown or a cap
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well, which means no allergies
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant
Veneers are a strong dental restorative option that can help you change the shape and color of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are less complex and do not require much shaping prior to the procedure, while also offering stronger aesthetic qualities.
What should I remember before I get veneers?
The first step that must be undertaken before applying veneers is to ensure that your teeth are healthy. If your teeth are damaged or decaying, our dental experts will first treat the teeth before moving ahead with applying the veneers.
If you are prone to clenching or grinding your teeth, veneers may not be a good choice for you. Our dental experts can suggest more suitable alternatives without compromising on the desired effect.
One thing to remember about veneers is that it is a permanent procedure, which means it cannot be undone. If you are opting for a life-long change for your teeth, veneers are surely the right choice for you.
Our dental specialists will recommend you to come in for regular check-ups so that they can evaluate if the veneers are in the correct position. If the veneers do come loose, they can be re-fitted properly. If you are looking for a long-lasting solution to change the shape and color of your teeth, book an appointment with us today to know more about porcelain veneers.